Next, came the actual design, I really wanted to create more of a portfolio look rather than a traditional blog look. So, I used a script to create automatic post summaries for the main page, which creates little vignettes of Benjamin's art ... similar in a sense to my own design here (although I use a different method). Next, I really wanted to use the header area as a main showcase section ... so I figured out an easy method to use the blogger image upload feature in a slightly different way... it basically uploads a new image underneath the header image so Benjamin can change the header artwork anytime he wishes and still have the wonderful grunge border effect I created!
Another difficulty I had with this design was to create a grunge look that isn't too grungy. It was actually quite hard not to go overboard!!! At some point I was just having so much fun creating effects with splatters, rusts and various other photoshop brushes! :-)